Monday, July 19, 2010

Products Oh Products...

In my 22 years of caring for my curly q’s it has been a struggle let me know you! But I have a short (and growing) list of products that I have used that I like/liked and want to review here for both myself to remember what I've used as well as you to read and try!

Here goes:
1) L’oreal Sulfate-free (green bottle)This stuff I am pretty positive is the reason my hair has become softer and more together over the past month or two. I like the smell- I like the way it works with my hair-I LOVE the fact that it is Sulfate-free. Only compliant? The bottle is hard to squeeze especially when the product is lower or running out! Otherwise get it and love it!


source: http://canadianbeauty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/lorealeverpure.jpg



2) Garnier Fructis Shine Wet Gel
This stuff holds tight, but does make my hair crunchy. I however, don’t really care as much as others who are totally appalled to the idea of having crunchy curls. I can go through a bottle of this in less than a month (more like 2 weeks)! It is very sticky and you have to wash your hands good afterwards. I believe it has alcohol though and I am trying not to dry out my hair so much so may have to turn away from this gem :-(
http://www.cozycot.com/files/garnier_fructis_brilliant_shine_wet_shine_gel.jpg



3) TRESemme Shampoo and Conditioner Moisture Rich like these products, I don’t know how true it is that they are “salon level” but they did make a change in my hair initially when I used them. However, this line is not the natural line and hence has sulfate in the shampoo, boo! :-( Yes, after a while I wasn’t noticing a difference anymore, another :-( Note to self, try the Natural Line!
http://www.overstockdrugstore.com/product_images/k/022400641966.jpg


4) Rave Sculpting Gel This is a low cost brand that is alcohol free! If you use a lot it works better. It is a standby for me now since it is alcohol free and a gel. Both things my long thick DRY curls NEED.
http://static-resources.goodguide.net/images/entities/large/182806.jpg


5) Aussie Dual Personality Mousse Leave In Conditioner Flexible Hold
While the jury is still out on if this is actually doing something all the time.... I do love the fact that is it a mousse and a leave in conditioner both good ideas for these crazy curls! I love just about everything Aussie actually :) As for alcohol free... i didn't look, its from a canister so that worries me (usually there is alcohol in canister products) but I love it too much to break my heart just yet ;)

http://www.cloettafazer.com/product/Aussie-Dual-Personality-Mousse-Leave-In-Conditioner-Flexible-Hold.html
More reviews later on! Let me know some of your fav and not so fav products!

No comments:

Post a Comment