Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hey all your Curly Heads!

“Curly hair is beautiful“

That’s what I always hear, not always what I believe. Yes, I have it. Tons and tons of frizzy curly thick hair. Yup, I understand everyone wants what they don’t have, the grass is greener on the other side effect.
At the same time…
When you learn to love and care for your curly and you will see the beauty in it yourself. It does take longer to care for, you do have to get earlier in the mornings to make it look good. But hey, thats what your born with, a gift or a curse. you choose!
It was really all through middle school and high school that I was a ‘Curly Hair Hater’ the most. I did the bun and the pony tail look all through middle school NEVER wearing it down. I tried straightening it only to have it puff in less than 30 minutes, even at the salons! And don’t tell me I was going to cheap ones, because I tried many!Both professional and at home with Chi and others, and yes both with and without product, didn't matter.
In High School I started wearing it down much more. Now I am usually wearing it down unless it’s a rushed day, super hot, you get the idea…
Now, post-undergrad college, I am learning to care and treat my hair well and in return it is actually… sometimes… dare I say, Pretty!

Feel free to follow along as I document what I use, what works, what doesn’t and my continuing trials and tribulations of life with Curly Hair!

Top beliefs I currently live by for my hairs care:
1) SULFATE FREE IS THE WAY TO BE!
2) Alcohol-free gels are best! (though not always possible for me yet)
3) Organic is ideal, though pricey on my post college budget sadly :(




No comments:

Post a Comment