Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wen

So I tried out the Wen system...
First off, I got the cucumber Mint scent. VERY Minty almost too much so in the shower, when you get out though it is not too bad in the hair scent (must get washed out well?)
Anyways, I used about 18-24 pumps, the recommended was 16 or more with thick curly hair (and you wonder why its so expensive to have thick curly hair!). It is a sulfate-free cleansing conditioner that does not suds up.


(source)
I used it on it's own several more times that I used it with the mask, but both was worked fairly well.
A hydrating mask. I dont know if it was just me, but it made my scalp a tiny bit tingly while sitting on there. No big deal though, the only annoying part was that you have to leave it in for 30 minutes before rinsing it out.

(Source)
Overall this system left my curly in tack and slightly minty. I think that they helped the the texture and keeping my hair healthy overall. I def like the sulfate-free aspect of it!

The associated products that came with this kit are the two on the right:

(source)
A texture Balm and a gel.
I used up the gel in about two uses, it was what I consider a travel size (not something to get one through a month as the program suggests). While I think the gel helped some, it is not a product I would use on it's own with nothing else. I did not hold my curly together for too long and the top layers of hair were frizzy in less then a hour. The balm was way thick and sticky making it a major turn off in trying to use. It was also hard to simply get out of the tube! It was suppose to be used on dry hair which made the product even more difficult to use. I may try it again, but the initial test was a negative in my book.
Overall I enjoyed the experimenting of the Wen system, it was not the best but it did leave positive benefits in my hair. I liked the cleansing products the best. The styling ones left something to be desired

Guess what! I order the special OUIDADs one month supply!! Super pumped for testing out this product and playing around with my curlys (when I find the time!) and a review of Curl Confidence is coming as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment